Most children aren’t pleased with the thought of wearing glasses and the torment that sometimes comes along with their use. However, if your child’s eyesight isn’t 20/20, glasses may be able to improve his or her vision. It is a good idea to take your child to a pediatric eye doctor Hartford CT immediately if you suspect the need for glasses.
Signs of the need for glasses include:
- Squinting: If your child seems to squint when he reads, he could be trying to compensate for being unable to see clearly. Squinting closes the retina in, making it easier to see.
- Head-Tilting: Another sign that indicates the need for glasses: Your child tilts his or her head when reading. This is a sign of eye muscle imbalance and needs to be checked out by a doctor.
- Sitting too Close: Does your child have a preference of sitting close to the TV screen when watching a show? If so, this is yet another sign that indicates that there might be a problem with vision that needs to be corrected.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches in children is a sign that a problem with the eyes and/or the vision exist. If your child seems to have reoccurring, frequent headaches, making the appointment with the eye doctor quickly is probably a good idea.
- Pointing: Children that point or follow the line as they read indicate the need for glasses. Pay attention to your child as they’re reading and note if you notice them doing this.
These signs are just some of the many that indicate that a potential need for glasses exist with your child. Pay attention to the signs and make that appointment quickly. The sooner your child makes the visit, the sooner they’ll be seeing better!